Thursday, May 31, 2012

Paprika

It's another challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!!  I set the theme to one of my favorites today which is "Rainbows, Clouds or Wings" and I decided to use clouds on my project.  The real reason is I found this fantastic idea from Ellen Hutson who created a gorgeous card using a clear plastic sheet and a bunch of liquid dots!  It was incredible and I wanted to give it a try... so here's my attempt.


The background was created with Crystal Effects and dotting in a regular patterns.  I placed a vellum sheet on top of my grid paper pad and dotted every other intersection to create the pattern.  The ideas originally was to use a clear plastic sheet but I couldn't find mine and settled for the vellum... however, I must confess that the clear acetate looks much better!  She also used a heart shape to cut into a cloud and I love that idea too!


The image is Paprika, which is a rubber stamp from Little Miss Muffet Stamps, and I went for non-yellow themed raincoats.  Don't get me wrong, I love yellow raincoats but I always try to color my images differently each time.  It keeps me motivated to try new things because I can easily get stuck in a rut.


This is one of those cards that is better felt than seen because each of the rain drops pops out a little and creates a nice texture.  Then adding the felt clouds keep your fingers interested.  LOL

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Make it Monday Week #91 - Anything Goes (JFF)
Great Impressions Challenge #3 - Anything Goes

Lastly, I have some exciting news to share - Little Miss Muffet Stamps is getting into diecuts!  I've posted the first one today and will be taking pre-orders - they'll ship as early as next Wednesday!  Check it out...
Diecuts - Park Glen Door

You're going to love it - I'll have projects showcasing the diecut as early as this weekend too.  :D

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Barbara. Love the felt clouds and raindrop and as always amazing colouring.

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the polka dots and the clouds just amazing.

    Thanks for Entering the Challenge
    At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
    I hope to see you enter next week!!
    Hugs Owner Tammy Ortiz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - what a fun card! Love the heart punch out and her outfit is adorable! So glad you joined us at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE!!! The clouds with the heart punched out is soooo cool.
    Thanks for playing along this week on the Use Your Stuff challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. I saw this Stunning card on MIM. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute Barbara! Thanks for the raindrop link... fab idea and it looks so cool! I love the heart in the cloud too!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card, Barbara! Love the raindrops and the felt clouds! Paprika is so adorable! Congrats on branching out into dies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Parika looks wonderful in these colours. The clouds are fab too. And the rain drops. Super dooper. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fantastico! love the little diecut in the clouds and great scene, the clear sheet with the dots looks fab. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the texture you created with the raindrops and felt clouds. Lovely card Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbara, your card is fantastic! I love the "rain drops" and those dark thunder clouds are perfect! Great card!

    Hugs;
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun and sweet card. Really like the coloring and colors of this image!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Barbara, love your card; especially that use of felt. Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh Barbara, I love your Crystal Effects dots, what a really cool idea! And her raincoat is just perfect! I love using different colors as well! This is just such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw this over at Catered Crop and fell in love with it there, but now I'm so happy you've shared it with us at Make It Monday. Your card is GORGEOUS!! Love what you've done with felt. :)

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is so sweet. Love how you've done the polka dots on her raincoat and the negative heart in the cloud is ingenious!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  17. That drop technique is perfect for a 'wet' card and I love how you're turned out! Great texture and coloring.

    So glad you were able to join us at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such an adorable card...the raincoat is great...much better than plain old yellow! Saw it on MIM.
    Hugs,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute - clever clouds!
    Saw this on MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this card! Great way to incoporate felt onto a project :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.