Monday, June 24, 2013

Polka Dot Pals - Jamie

You'll want to check out the inspiration today at Little Miss Muffet Stamps as we have two fabulous faces smiling at you on our Polka Dot Pals!  Click HERE to check out the store blog and also check out our guest, Elaine's project!  I decided to play along too and colored up this gal...


The image I used is Polka Dot Pals Jamie from Little Miss Muffet Stamps.  The card was put together with a simple layout which seems to be the style I'm defaulting to lately.  Then I embellished it with white fabic roses, a cherry charm and a hanger. 


For the face, I wanted to experiment with something new and try to color and open mouth.  The expression is suppose to be joy ... like she was saying "Yea!"  (A cute version of THIS.) However, to me it looks like she ended up with a milk mustache!  LOL  However, it was a good start and through searching in Google I found two things that were interesting... I'll save these for later and see how the next face goes.  :D  The first one is changing emoticons into expressions (HERE) and the second one is an expression tutorial by the very talented Lackadaisy cartoonist. (Click HERE < - - - simply amazing!)


I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Come and Get it Challenges - 3 Embellies, 2 DP, 1 Ribbon
ABC Challenges - P for Pretty in Pink

11 comments:

  1. She's cute!! :D Thanks for letting me play, I had lots of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing what you do with your coloring! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card. That image is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, and so beautifully coloured, thanks for playing with us at the Squirrel and the Fox, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute face!! I guess I should go check out those tuts... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just precious! I LOVE the image and your coloring is GORGEOUS! Thanks for joining us at Come and Get It for our 3-2-1 Challenge!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol...she kinda reminds me of a Cabbage Patch Kid! So cute, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great art work. Stunning card. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card looks fabulous! I love your colouring and design papers. Thanks for sharing this stunning creation with us at ABC Challenges.
    X - Natalie - X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful design. Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon~!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.